As we approach Memorial Day Weekend and the unofficial start to the summer, Heritage Lake Association would like to share with members the following tips to help keep Heritage Lake and the beach area clean and safe.
On the Lake
- Bring a garbage bag with you on your boat. There is a trash can at the boat launch you can drop it in or your way out. If that can is full, boat garbage can be dropped at the beach parking lot dumpster.
- If you have smokers on your boat, bring an ashtray. Once of the biggest sources of contamination in our lake is cigarette and cigar butts.
- If anything falls of your boat into the water retrieve it as soon as possible.
- Rinse off your boat at home before you set in at the boat launch.
- Be considerate of other boaters
- Park close together in the launch parking lot whenever possible.
- Tie off to the side of the launch while you retrieve your trailer if you are alone, not right in the launch.
- Be patient of those who are still learning to launch or load their boats, and offer assistance if you can.
- The Lake is not a bathroom, please use the facilities at the beach.
At the Beach
- Pick up after yourself, your family, and your pets.
- If the pavilion garbage cans are full, use the beach parking lot dumpster.
- The playground is designed for younger children. Please ask your older children to be considerate of the younger ones.
- No glass on the sand areas of the beaches.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult when swmming in the lake, no lifeguard is on duty.
Heritage Lake is for Association Members and their guests only. If you see a boater or beach goer you don’t recognise, politely start a conversation. You may make a new friend with a neighbor, or you may find someone who doesn’t know they must be a guest to use our amenities. If you have concerns about someone who is not a member taking advantage of the member amenities, please collect as much identifying information as you can and contact the office.
Have a GREAT Memorial Day!