Do I need an HLA permit?

Do I need an HLA Permit?
If you are cutting down live trees over 3 inches in diameter, building a deck, building a dock, putting up a fence, putting in or concreting an existing driveway, building an outbuilding, shed or garage, or putting in a pool (depending on size or whether it is an in-ground or above ground) are just some of the items, You need to complete/submit an accessory-building-permit application with Heritage Lake Association. The permit must be approved PRIOR TO any activity starting. It’s a very easy process and is necessary to be compliant with the Rules & By-Laws of the Association. Here is a direct link:
From HLA homepage – click on the ADMINISTRATION TAB – Click on the ADMINISTRATION TAB, Next click on Association Documents then Forms & Applications. Under Applications one of the first 3 Options should get you to the appropriate Permit form. Complete/submit (electronically or in person, or by mail) to or Heritage Lake Association, P.O. Box 402, Mackinaw, IL 61755.
**Attaching pictures or sketches showing the proximity of the project on your lot are very helpful. Please also note that in many cases a permit is also required to be approved by Tazewell County. Feel free to e-mail the HLA office with any questions.

Share This: