The Heritage Lake road weight limits will be in effect starting January 1, 2021. All 3 entrances have signs stating the weight limit. If members have any loads that result in a vehicle weight of greater than 12,000 lbs., they should be done prior to January 1, 2021. There are general exceptions the board makes to this policy (listed below), but we ask that you contact the office and notify us prior to the vehicle entering the subdivision.
As per the Rules and Regulations, Part II, Section B:
- Weight and Height Restrictions1. No vehicle, trailer, or cargo may be driven upon any Subdivision roads exceeding a weight limit of 6 tons (12,000 lbs.) from the period of January 1 through April 15. Unless given proper permission by the Subdivision Board.2. A minimum fine of $500.00 (five hundred dollars) will be levied for road weight limit violations. All fees and costs associated with collection of fines will be applied against the property of the Heritage Lake Association member responsible for contracting the overweight vehicle.
The weight limit is interpreted as Gross Combined Weight (GCW) of the vehicle, which includes the combined weight of the vehicle, trailer, and any cargo.
Approximate Weights For Reference Only:
These are not all inclusive, and are specified as empty weights. Cargo weight would be additional.
- A semi-truck tractor, without trailer is at least 17,000 lbs. – overweight
- An empty semi-truck with trailer is at least 24,000 lbs. empty – overweight
- A 26 ft box delivery truck is 12,500 lbs. empty – overweight
- A 1/2-ton truck (F150) is 5,500 lbs. empty, a 1-ton truck (F350) is 7,300 lbs. empty – acceptable if the Gross Combined Weight does not exceed 12,000 lbs.
- An F150 pulling a trailer weighing 10,000 lbs. (with or without cargo), would be considered overweight (5500 + 10,000 = 15,500 lbs.).
- Weekly trash collection (does not include dumpsters)
- Septic pumping
- Emergency repairs – example, a tree damages your home, a dumpster is required and several deliveries from the hardware store.
- USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. delivery vans – does not include semi-trucks
- Moving vans – no size limit
- School bus
These weight limits are in place to protect our roads from damage during the freeze and thaw months. Thank you for your cooperation. Members who witness potential violations should contact the office with a date, time, license plate number, and an address. Thank you!