SWIM LESSON LEVELS, DATES & TIMES
Starts July 6th – Lessons are each Monday and Wednesday ending July 27th Class Time 5:15pm to 6:00pm
Starts July 6th – Lessons are each Monday and Wednesday ending July 27th Class Time 6:00pm to 6:45pm
Starts July 5th – Lessons are each Tuesday and Thursday ending July 28th Class Time 5:15pm to 6:00pm
Starts July 5th – Lessons are each Tuesday and Thursday ending July 28th Class Time 6:00pm to 6:45pm
Swim Lesson Prices
$40 per child
Completed Registration Form and payment (check or exact change) to be paid at the HLA office by 2pm Friday, July 1
Members must be in good standing
Level 1: Water Exploration (Shallow water lesson) Ages 4-5
- 4 years or older
- Fully submerge face in water
- Hold breath under water
- Front and back float with support
- Kicking on front and back with support
- Enter and exit the water independently
- Can push off lifeguard and grab the wall without support
Level 2: Primary Skills (Shallow water lesson) Ages 5-7
- Be comfortable being fully submerged in the water and hold their breath.
- Can complete all other tasks from level 1
- Float on front and back unsupported for 5 seconds
- Swim on front 5 yards without assistance
- Swim on back 5 yards without assistance
- Retrieve objects underwater chest deep
Level 3: Stroke Readiness (Mid-pool lesson: shallow and deep) Ages 6-8
- Can Swim for 5 yards
- Can Retrieve rings from chest deep water
- Can complete all other tasks from level 2
- Swim the front crawl for 10 yards
- Swim the back crawl for 10 yards
- Jump into deep water
- Tread in water over the child’s head
- Swim on front with arm circles for 10 yards
Level 4: Stroke Development (Deep water lesson) Ages 8<
- Can jump into deep water and swim to the side on their own.
- Can swim 10 yards on their own.
- Standing dive from the side of the pool.
- Freestyle swim for 15 yards
- Backstroke swim for 15 yards
- Swim the entire length of the pool.