As we approach the 4th of July Weekend, Heritage Lake Association would like remind residents of the following tips to help keep Heritage Lake and the beach area clean and safe.
- Please remember that we are a family community with lots of young children. Please be mindful of your language and behaviors and encourage your older children to be aware of little ears and eyes.
- Pick up after yourself on the lake and on the beach. there are garbage cans at the boat launch and beach pavilion, and a dumpster at the beach parking lot if those are full. Note: Beach parking lot dumpster is not for general household waste, but can be used to drop a bag from your boat.
- If you smoke or have smokers on your group, bring an ashtray. Once of the biggest sources of contamination in our lake is cigarette and cigar butts.
- If anything falls of your boat into the water retrieve it as soon as possible.
- Please be considerate of other members
- Brush has been cleared out of the Boat Launch parking lot, please do not drop any more until after the weekend.
- Park Vehicles without boat trailers at the beach lot instead of the boat launch so there is room for the trailers. Vehicles without trailers are much easier to maneuver in and out of street parking..
- Park close together in the launch parking lot whenever possible.
- Tie off to the side of the launch while you retrieve your trailer if you are alone, not right in the launch.
- Be patient of those who are still learning to launch or load their boats, and offer assistance if you can.
- The playground is designed for younger children. Please ask your older children to be considerate of the younger ones.
- No glass on the sand areas of the beaches.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult when swimming in the lake, no lifeguard is on duty.
Heritage Lake is for Association Members and their guests only. If you see a boater or beach goer you don’t recognize, politely start a conversation. You may make a new friend with a neighbor, or you may find someone who doesn’t know they must be a guest to use our amenities. If you have concerns about someone who is not a member taking advantage of the member amenities, please collect as much identifying information as you can and contact the office. Members and their guests who do not have a vehicle sticker may receive a trespassing ticket. If you have concerns about a ticket being issued to your guest, please contact the office.
Have a GREAT and SAFE 4th of July!