Ditch Work Tentative Schedule
The schedule below is the tentative schedule for the ditch and culvert projects on Cornwall, Cheshire, and Martinique. The project has been underway for approximately 2 weeks, with some significant weather delays. This schedule may vary by a day or two, and is weather dependent.
Previously completed work: Culverts on Cornwall Ave. located, cleared, and inspected.
Monday (10/30): Place Rip Rap on Cornwall Ave culverts
Tuesday (10/31): Finish Rip Rap on Cornwall and start ditch work at 14 Cheshire
Wednesday (11/1): Finish ditch work at 14 Cheshire and complete ditch work at corner of Cornwall & Cheshire
Thursday (11/2): Finish minor ditch on Martinique
Friday (11/3): Finish area grade work and start seeding/straw blanket
Week of Nov 6: Finish straw blanket and seeding
ROAD WORK UPDATE PHASE II – OCTOBER 8, 2017
There are a lot of updates in this article, however we want to make sure members don’t lose sight of a few very important dates.
Road resurfacing: Complete
Spray patching: Complete
Phase 2 Ditch reconstruction and culvert repair dates: Oct 16, 2017, work will take approximately 3 weeks. Information is listed below.
Do not park vehicles or trailers on the shoulders or in the ditches while work is happening on the streets listed below. Heritage Lake Association will be contacting the School Bus, Mail, and Garbage Services to inform them of the construction. Some disruption to these services may occur while the road work is ongoing. We will post any new information the Association has on these services as we have it.
Phase 2 Ditch Reconstruction
The following roads will receive varying amounts of ditch reconstruction. See the link for the engineering plans. A few of the construction areas were added after further consulting with the engineer and contractor, so they are not on this set of plans.
- Cornwall Ave. – Minor ditch reconstruction at the intersection of Cornwall and Cheshire near 18 Cornwall, and major ditch reconstruction in front of lots 241 and 242 with ditch checks installed for erosion control.
- Cheshire Dr. – Major ditch reconstruction at the intersection of Berkshire and Cheshire in front of 14 Cheshire Dr, and in front of 21 Cheshire Dr. Minor ditch reconstruction at the intersection of Cornwall and Cheshire near 18 Cheshire, and in between 1, 2, and 5 Cheshire Dr.
- Martinique Lane – Minor ditch reconstruction along most of the road.
- The Heritage Lake Road Committee and the engineering firm are aware of the drainage problems resulting in road damage on Cornwall, Cheshire, and Martinique. The ditch reconstruction listed above is one part of fixing the road drainage problems. The second part involves reconstructing these roads with added material and increased crown. This reconstruction will not occur in 2017, but will occur at a future date to be determined in 2018 or 2019.
Phase 2 Culvert Repairs / Installation
The following roads will have culverts repaired, reinforced, or installed as described. See engineering plans.
- Cornwall Ave. – The inlet of culverts 9, 10, and 11 will be located; the inlets and the outlets will be reinforced with rip-rap as well. Some trees will need to be removed in this area for access.
- Cheshire Dr. – A new storm sewer will be added around lots 225 and 226.
- Berkshire Rd. and Fairfax Ct. – An existing storm sewer will be repaired and reinforced.
- All work will occur between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Mail service may be interrupted on the days where ditch reconstruction happens closest to your house. The post office will make every effort to deliver packages in the evening when construction is concluded. If you would like to pick up your mail at the post office or have it held during construction, please contact the post office.
- In the event of inclement weather, schedules may have to be adjusted. Please watch the website and entrance boards for postings of any potential changes.
Road, ditch, and culvert reconstruction and repairs are almost complete for 2017. A contract for culvert lining is in the bidding process; this work will be the last major project for 2017. The road committee and engineering firm will be planning 2018 road, ditch, and culvert jobs through fall and winter, for potential start dates in spring of 2018. Future updates will be provided once plans are finalized.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to improve our roadways. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the office.