The Heritage Lake road weight limits are now in effect. All 3 entrances have signs stating the weight limit.
As per the Rules and Regulations, Part II, Section B:
B. Weight and Height Restrictions
1. No vehicle, trailer, or cargo may be driven upon any Subdivision roads exceeding a weight limit of 6 tons (12,000 lbs.) from the period of January 1 through April 15. Unless given proper permission by the Subdivision Board.
2. A minimum fine of $500.00 (five hundred dollars) will be levied for road weight limit violations. All fees and costs associated with collection of fines will be applied against the property of the Heritage Lake Association member responsible for contracting the overweight vehicle.
The weight limit is interpreted as Gross Combined Weight (GCW) of the vehicle, which includes the weight of the vehicle, trailer, and any cargo.
Approximate Weights For Reference Only:
These are not all inclusive, and are specified as empty weights. Cargo weight would be additional.
- A semi truck tractor, without trailer is at least 17,000 lbs – overweight
- An empty semi truck with trailer is at least 24,000 lbs empty – overweight
- A 26 ft box delivery truck is 12,500 lbs empty – overweight
- A 1/2 ton truck (F150) is 5,500 lbs empty, a 1 ton truck (F350) is 7,300 lbs empty – acceptable as long as the Gross Combined Weight does not exceed 12,000 lbs. An F150 pulling a trailer weighing 10,000 lbs, would be considered overweight (5500 + 10,000 = 15,500 lbs).
These weight limits are in place to protect our roads from damage during the freeze and thaw months. Thank you for your cooperation. Members who witnessed potential violations should contact the office. Thank you!