The Heritage Lake road weight limits will be in effect from
January 1, 2019 through April 15, 2019. All 3 entrances have signs stating the weight limit.
As per the Rules and Regulations, Part II, Section B:
B. Weight and Height Restrictions
1. No vehicle, trailer, or cargo may be driven upon any
Subdivision roads exceeding a weight limit of 6 tons (12,000 lbs.)
from the period of January 1 through April 15. Unless given
proper permission by the Subdivision Board.
2. A minimum fine of $500.00 (five hundred dollars) will be levied
for road weight limit violations. All fees and costs associated with
collection of fines will be applied against the property of the
Heritage Lake Association member responsible for contracting
the overweight vehicle.
The weight limit is interpreted as Gross Combined Weight (GCW) of the
vehicle, which includes the combined weight of the vehicle, trailer, and any
These are not all inclusive and are specified Approximate Weights for Reference Only:
as empty weights. Cargo weight would be additional.
• A semi-truck tractor, without trailer is at least 17,000 lbs. – overweight
• An empty semi-truck with trailer is at least 24,000 lbs. empty – overweight
• A 26 ft box delivery truck is 12,500 lbs. empty – overweight
• A 1/2-ton truck (F150) is 5,500 lbs. empty, a 1-ton truck (F350) is 7,300 lbs.
empty – acceptable as long as the Gross Combined Weight does not
exceed 12,000 lbs.
• A F150 pulling a trailer weighing 10,000 lbs. (with or without cargo),
would be considered overweight (5500 + 10,000 = 15,500 lbs.).
These weight limits are in place to protect our roads from damage during the
freeze and thaw months. Thank you for your cooperation. Members who
witness potential violations should contact the office with a date, time, license
plate number, and an address. Thank you!