We are currently on target to begin construction the Summer of 2017.
Current Status as of November 1, 2016
Road Work Completed:
- Ditch improvements have been made along sections of Kenton, London Ct., and Summit Dr. Additional Ditch work is planned along King Richard and Strawberry.
- Spray patching has been performed several times over the summer to prevent some of the worst areas from deteriorating further with the summer rains and winter freezing.
- The roads marked in red on the map below have already been resurfaced using the 2016 Road Fund. These roads will not be redone as part of the SSA construction.
- The cracks in the new construction on Bradford have been addressed with the contractor, but no resolution has been reached yet.
- Austin Engineering (Devon Birch) was approved by the board at the June Board meeting to be our engineer for the duration of this project.
- President Coan has been meeting with the engineer and the County to determine what preliminary work needs to be done before a proposal can be set before the county.
- Core Samples were drawn and some re-inspection of Cross Road culverts and Drainage areas was conducted in October 2016.
- Inital approval has been granted to begin the design phase of the project.
Immediate Next Steps as of November 1, 2016
- Engineer Devon Birch will be in attendance at the November Board meeting (Monday November 28th) to give an update an answer questions.
- Complete design phase of the road improvements.
- Submit design to the county for overview approval from County Transportation Committee and County Board.