The 2016 Spring Garage Sales will be held May 21st, 2016. The Registration form is now available on the Garage Sale page. Forms are due by Friday May 13th to be included in the garage sale map.
If you were unable to attend the 2016 Annual Member meeting, here’s a brief summary of what you need to know from that meeting. Official minutes will be posted later this week.
- The following committees are looking for more volunteers
- Conservation Committee
- Social Committee
- The Environmental Control Committee reminded members to check if a HLA permit is required when making improvements to your property (adding a deck, cutting down trees, replacing a driveway, etc.) Most HLA permits do not require a fee, but review by the ECC and a permit is still required.
- Quorum was met (174 or more lots represented or abstained)
- Lots represented in the room: 155
- Lots represented by proxy to another member: 28
- Lots represented by proxy to the board: 89
- Lots abstained: 50
- Total lots voting: 272
- After a presentation by the Road Improvement Committee, the following motion was made:
The Heritage Lake Association Board of Directors (HLA BOD) and its assigns shall negotiate terms of agreement with Tazewell County to create a Special Service Area (SSA) for the purpose of restoring and maintaining the roadways at HLA.
– The terms shall include professionally designed restoration and maintenance plans acceptable to the county for a 20-year road life.
– If the cost of the plan is within $650/year (+/- 10%) per HLA member for a period of 20 years, then HLA BOD shall enter into a contract with Tazewell County and request the creation and funding of the SSA.
The Reserve Road Fund Assessment shall remain in effect at $500 through 2016. If the County Tax billing cycle begins levying the SSA Tax to Heritage Lake Association members, the Reserve Road Fund will go to $0. If the SSA is disapproved, the Reserve Road Fund will return to $123.58 (adjusted for the CPI). Budget priority for the Reserve Road Fund shall be given to fund costs associated with creation of the SSA as well as maintenance deemed necessary to preserve road integrity before SSA funding and emergency repairs of the roads.
- The room voted overwhelmingly in favor of the motion with only 34 lots voted against.
- The board voted the proxies in favor of the motion.
- The motion passed.
- What this means for members is the following.
- The 2016 Road fund will be billed at $500 by Heritage Lake Association. The 2016 Road Fund Assessment will be due July 1st, but bills will be sent out in mid April to give members time to budget the expense. Information on available payment plans will also be included in that billing.
- During the course of the year, the board and a newly named SSA Implementation Committee will work with the county to pursue the adoption of the SSA.
- If the SSA is not in place by the time of the 2017 road fund billing, the 2017 road fund will be $123.58 (adjusted for inflation) unless the membership takes action at the 2017 Annual meeting to change that.
- If the SSA is in place by the 2017 Road Fund billing, the SSA fees will begin with the tax bills due in 2017, and the 2017 HLA Road Fund Assessment will be $0.
- SSA billing on tax bills will continue at $650 (+/- 10%) per year, per member (not per lot), for 20 years.
Please direct any questions regarding this information to the Heritage Lake Association office at 309-359-8012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Members who are interested in joining a glass recycling co-op at Heritage Lake are invited to join us for one of two informational meetings to be held next week.
Informational meetings will be Tuesday April 12th at 7 pm and Saturday April 16th at 9 am, both at the lodge. We hope you can join us!
The Village of Mackinaw has provided residents with a great resource for most of our recycling needs. They take cardboard/paper in one bin and plastic/aluminum in another. Unfortunately, that still leaves residents with glass containers to recycle. As a result, several Heritage Lake members are interested in starting a small recycling Co-Op for the glass.
Glass will be collected in a centralized location. Glass containers will need to be clean, dry, without lids, and unbroken to be put in the Co-Op bins. Co-Op members will be asked to contribute a nominal monthly fee to help cover the cost of collection bins and fuel for drivers who will run glass into Bloomington/Normal or Pekin/Peoria. HLA Members that go to these cities regularly for work, and have a vehicle they can haul glass in are needed (whether they participate in the co-op or not), otherwise drop offs will be on weekends with Co-Op member volunteers.
Everything we can do to do our part makes a huge impact. With the number of members we have and the close community that we are, we should be able to make light work of this! Once we have an idea of the number of members interested we can determine the best approach with drop offs or collection sight. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to HLA members and friends making this next step forward for our environment.
Any members interested in participating in the Co-Op or volunteering to transport glass for recycling should contact the office at 309-359-8012 or email@example.com
Due to a scheduling conflict, game night for March 25 has been cancelled.
Please join us for the next one, tentatively scheduled for April 22nd.