Golf Cart and Off Road Vehicle Registration and Inspections will be conducted on Saturday April 26th, 10 am at the lodge. Members with golf carts and other eligible off road vehicles should bring those vehicles to the Lodge to be inspected and recieve a new permit sticker. If you cannot make this time, please contact the office and an alternate inspection date will be set up for you. All existing stickers will expire May 1, 2014.
New stickers will cost $50 and will be good through April 30, 2016.
Please remember, the Heritage Lake Association Rules & Regulations state that all Off-Road vehicles must meet the following requirements.
1. Unlicensed vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles or golf carts shall be allowed to operate on the roads within the Heritage Lake Subdivision, but are required to be equipped with proper lighting, a roll cage/ roof, steering wheel, rear displayed safety orange triangle, and a HLA permit sticker and inspection and approved by the Security officer.
2. All such vehicles shall be operated only during dawn to dusk hours and shall be equipped with a muffler system that reasonably controls the noise level of the vehicle, as determined by the HLA Board of Directors.
The deadline to sign up for the map for the Spring Garage Sale is this Friday, April 25th. The Sale will be held on Saturday May 3rd.
The registration form and all Sale details can be found on the Seasonal Garage Sales page
The minutes from the March Regular Board Meeting and the Board meeting after the annual meeting are now available on the Board Meetings page
The april Board meeting is TONIGHT at 7pm in the Lodge. All members are welcome to attend.
Preperation for the 2014 growing season is beginning at the community garden behind the lodge. Garden tilling will be April 26 and First Planting for early growth is planned for April 27. Please let us know if you would like to attend. Both sessions will begin at 1pm.
The garden is run by members for the benefit of members on a volunteer and donation basis. At this time, the following items are needed to help make this project a succes this year.
- Large pots for lettuce and herbs,
- Milk cartons,
- Crates for ripe crops
- Paper sacks for visitors and
- Seeds (see the list below)
Supply donations can be dropped off at the office during office hours or at the garden during work hours. Please do not leave supplies at the garden if no one is there.
During the season, we will have needs for monitoring sprinkling, filling milk cartons for continuous watering on many plants, weeding the garden, and picking ripe crops.
The April 27th planting will be for the following: potatoes, radishes, onions, cauliflower, asparagus (for next year’s crop), and carrots. Mid-May we will plant other items such as peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, eggplant, watermelon, green beans and edamamme. Pumpkins will be planted toward the end of August.
Anyone is welcome to plant their own crops or take crops at any time.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be forwarded to the garden team.