Preperation for the 2014 growing season is beginning at the community garden behind the lodge. Garden tilling will be April 26 and First Planting for early growth is planned for April 27. Please let us know if you would like to attend. Both sessions will begin at 1pm.
The garden is run by members for the benefit of members on a volunteer and donation basis. At this time, the following items are needed to help make this project a succes this year.
- Large pots for lettuce and herbs,
- Milk cartons,
- Crates for ripe crops
- Paper sacks for visitors and
- Seeds (see the list below)
Supply donations can be dropped off at the office during office hours or at the garden during work hours. Please do not leave supplies at the garden if no one is there.
During the season, we will have needs for monitoring sprinkling, filling milk cartons for continuous watering on many plants, weeding the garden, and picking ripe crops.
The April 27th planting will be for the following: potatoes, radishes, onions, cauliflower, asparagus (for next year’s crop), and carrots. Mid-May we will plant other items such as peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, eggplant, watermelon, green beans and edamamme. Pumpkins will be planted toward the end of August.
Anyone is welcome to plant their own crops or take crops at any time.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be forwarded to the garden team.
The March 2014 Financials are available for viewing HERE.
It is just about sand volleyball time!
The process and the rules are same as last year. The mid season tournament is scheduled for Saturday, June 28th and the end of the season tournament is scheduled for Saturday, August 23rd.
Complete the registration form & email it back to email@example.com by Friday, May 19, 2014. Only teams that have their registration form in by May 9th will be scheduled to play. NO EXCEPTIONS THIS YEAR!
EACH PARTICIPANT MUST SIGN THE WAIVER PRIOR TO TAKING THE COURT.
Return the signed Waver(s) and $80 team fees to Sarah Stalzer on the season start date. Make checks payable to Sarah Stalzer and not Heritage Lake.
Season start date will be May 14th. Some teams will not play on opening night if the league exceeds 12 teams.
If you are interested in playing & don’t have a team, please let us know & we’ll help find a team for you.
We look forward to seeing everyone in the sand!
The date for the Spring Garage Sales has been set as May 3, 2014. Please see the Garage Sale page for the more information and the registration form.
If you missed the 2014 Annual Meeting last week, here are a few important pieces of information you need to know.
- Nicole Shake, Bob Pirtle, and Tim Coan were elected to the board. Barb Waldorf was appointed to fill the vacant board position.
- Revised By-Laws and CCE&Rs were approved by the board and the membership. The revised documents can be found under the Administration Info Tab on the Association Documents page.
- A $40 increase to the Road Fund was proposed and approved by the membership. This will go in effect starting with the 2014 Road Fund, due July 1.
- Due to changes in the By-Laws, several new forms have been created. All members need to complete an Owner Registration Form and have it on file at the office. Forms for Renters and Owners by Contract can be found on the Forms & Applications page
Minutes from the March Board meeting, 2014 Annual meeting and the board meeting following the annual meeting will be available later this week. Any questions before then, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org