The Heritage Lake Association (HLA) in Mackinaw Il. is currently looking to fill the following position-Part Time Administrative Office Assistant to perform office support activities for Heritage Lake Association throughout the year, for an average of 15-20 hours per week. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving information from members through email and regular mail, mass mailing assembly and execution, type correspondence, reports and other documents, tracking property transfers, lodge rentals, and citations, be able to provide information by answering questions and requests from HLA Members and from HLA Board Members, and directing visitors.
Will be responsible for the operation of HLA office equipment; completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining office supply inventories; evaluating and recommending new office equipment and programs.
Skills/Qualifications: Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, and Access), Word Press skills, Managing Processes, Organization, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. The ability to work under little supervision and anticipate the needs of the membership and Board of Directors is critical.
Pay Range: $12 -$14 per hour for 15-20 hours per week, based on experience. No benefits or vacation/holiday pay associated with this position.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical services for Heritage Lake Association (HLA) in order to ensure effective and efficient operations. The administrative assistant is often the first line of contact for Heritage Lake Association.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Secretary HLA board member and is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that HLA operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
- Type correspondence, reports and other documents, tracking property transfers, lodge rentals, and citations
- Open and distribute both email and regular mail
- Take minutes at meetings as requested by board Secretary
- Distribute minutes
Provide support to HLA board to ensure it has the resources to make effective decisions:
- Research and assist with the preparation of motions, policies and procedures
- Review and edit reports to the Board
- Prepare correspondence for Board members
- Prepare documents and reports on the computer
- Email and post Scheduled Board meetings
- Prepare agendas for Board meeting
- Prepare packages for Board meetings
- Attend board meetings
- Mailings and preparation for the Annual Meeting
Provide receptionist services
- Greet and assist visitors
- Answer phones
- Direct calls and voice mails to proper board members, and respond to inquiries
Perform other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The candidate must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- knowledge of office administration
- knowledge of board and committee systems
- knowledge of accounting and billing procedures
- computer skills
- Word Press proficiency
- ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- excellent interpersonal skills
- team building
- analytical and problem solving skills
- decision making
- effective verbal and listening and the ability to communicate well
- attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- very effective organizational skills
- effective written communications
- computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs, with proficiency in Word and Excel
- stress management abilities
- effective time management
The candidate must maintain strict confidentiality in performing administrative and membership information duties. The candidate must also be honest and trustworthy, respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, have a flexible schedule, and demonstrate sound work ethics. There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, and the candidate must be able to deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
The Administrative Assistant will spend many hours sitting and using office equipment and Computers. The candidate will also be expected to have to do some lifting of supplies and materials, tour the HLA property to observe and report any needs for repair or board attention.
The candidate will be located in an office as designated by the association, currently located at First Security Bank, at the main entrance of HLA. This person may be faced with constant interruptions and must meet with members and board members on a regular basis.
Application deadline is: Monday, July 24th at 5:00 PM. Applications may be hand-delivered to the office at #2 Bradford Drive, Mackinaw, in the First Security Bank building, mailed to the Heritage Lake Office at P.O. Box 402, Mackinaw, IL 61755 or emailed to email@example.com